Re: Recompilation of ALL Debian packages ...

martin f krafft dijo [Sat, Sep 02, 2006 at 08:42:34AM +0200]:
> also sprach Russ Allbery <rra@debian.org> [2006.09.02.0141 +0200]:
> > I honestly think the security argument for doing this is silly.
>
> Clients do not want to hear something like that.

Please... Do you mean they trust me (as an unknown person with upload
privileges to Debian) to produce proper sources, but to trojan the
binary packages? Do they think that all of the other DDs (or a
significant number of them anyway) will check my .orig.tar.gz is the
same as upstream's, and that my .diff.gz is sane?

I don't buy that as an argument. I do support rebuilding everything,
to ensure buildability of arch: all packages and to ensure
buildability under the architecture on which arch-dependent packages
were originally built, ensuring dependencies are complete and so.

Greetings,

PGP key 1024D/8BB527AF 2001-10-23