Re: Recompilation of ALL Debian packages ...

Matej Cepl <ceplm@seznam.cz> wrote:
>   On Thu 31. August 2006 12:47, you wrote:
>   > Without a binary version someone upload (and therefor should
>   > have tested), he could always claim his upload would have
>   > worked if the buildds would not have mangled it. So there is
>   > at least one package everyone can check who is to blame for
>   > it.
>
>   You are right, I wrote source-only upload, but obviously
>   upload-binary-and-remove-it is better policy.

I suggest that the uploaded binary be kept temporarily, for two
purposes:

 - Eliminate the wait for the buildd for the first architecture.

 - Allow an automated comparison of the two .debs.  This would take
   some work to set up, but I would hope to detect a binary that
   doesn't correspond to the claimed sources.  Also incorrect version
   of a compiler and different library versions than claimed in the
   dependencies.

                - Jim Van Zandt