Re: Recompilation of ALL Debian packages ...

On Fri, Sep 01, 2006 at 05:03:29PM +0200, Michelle Konzack wrote:

> I have tried to RECOMPILE some packages in Sarge but failed.
> The Binaries are working.  It seems, thet the Maintainer had
> used a machine where the Build was successfull, but no other
> one can do it because it FTBFS

Source uploads don't help that much with that: the buildds will notice
for things that produce binary packages and all too often the break
occurs when some other package changes some time after the package was
uploaded.

This is one of the reasons why people do test builds of the archive from
time to time, particularly just before release.