Re: Proposal: The DFSG do not require source code for data, including firmware

Manoj Srivastava wrote:
>         Indeed, all the references I have found tell me that firmware
>  is computer  programs.

Interesting, as I note that *none* of those you quoted do so -- although
some do say that it is "software" that is stored in less-volatile
storage than RAM.

Given the scale of the "discussion" that we had about the definition of
"software", I think it's probably unwise to equate it to "programs" in
this situation!

Cheers,

Nick