Re: LSB 3.1 status for etch

Jeff Licquia wrote:
On Sat, 2006-08-05 at 22:07 +0200, Andreas Barth wrote:
How about the init-scripts? Does LSB say anything about them, or is that a rather optional component?

Yes, I had forgotten those; there were conventions in 1.3, but they have changed slightly since then.

I'm not aware of anything that changed in the spec requirements on distributions, which is still that they don't have to use the initscript conventions themselves, but have to recognize them and do the appropriate things when packages or other installation schemes call /usr/lib/lsb/install_initd passing an initscript that uses those conventions.