Re: package ownership in Debian

On Sat, Jul 29, 2006 at 04:16:53PM +0000, Gustavo Franco wrote:
> On 7/29/06, Matthew Palmer <mpalmer@debian.org> wrote:
> >On Sat, Jul 29, 2006 at 02:49:34AM +0000, Gustavo Franco wrote:
> >> Hello, i thought Debian project was a big team. If people here don't
> >> want to work in a team, we're going nowhere.
> >
> >Two words for you: Fred Brooks.
>
> More two for you: Be polite.

OK, I'll try again.

Please would you be so kind as to educate yourself as to the detrimental
effect on communication efficiency of increasing team size by reading Mr.
Fred Brooks' excellent essay on the topic, "The Mythical Man Month".  I
would highly recommend the book of the same name, as it also contains a
series of other essays on related topics, which may have the effect of
increasing your knowledge in the general area of software engineering
management.

Happy now?

> >> I think that force is the wrong term, we should encourage and in some
> >> cases require to avoid single point of failure, IMHO.
> >
> >"require" and "force" certainly seem like the same term to me.
>
> "in some cases" and "in all cases" are different terms to me.

But you said that "force" was the wrong term, not "in all cases".

- Matt