Re: package ownership in Debian

On 7/29/06, Adeodato Simó <dato@net.com.org.es> wrote:
* Gustavo Franco [Fri, 28 Jul 2006 18:01:26 -0300]:

> >I've seen more problems of bad maintainers with bad packages, than of
> >irrevertible broken NMUs. Yes shit happen, but well, if you don't move,
> >things rot, which is not much better.

> Yes, and we need to remember that we're talking about "broken" stuff
> in sid that shouldn't hurt too much.

No, no, no, no, no, no, no. No. No cookie for Gustavo. NMUs are to be
done as if you'd be uploading to proposed-updates (e.g. in the amount of
testing you've give them). Ideally, all uploads would get that amount of
testing.

I'm not saying that this is ok break stuff in sid. I said that it was
the result in the worst case scenario, ok?

regards,
-- stratus