Re: Constitutional Amendment GR: Handling assets for the project

On Friday 21 July 2006 17:54, Manoj Srivastava wrote:
> On Fri, 21 Jul 2006 10:18:44 +0200, Bas Zoetekouw <bas@debian.org> said:

> > I don't think it makes sense that the Debian constitution determines
> > who can become a member of SPI.  That is something that should be
> > (and probably is) described in SPI's bylaws.
>
>         This is true.  There seems no reason to mention this in the
>  constitution, since an action by the SPI board can change that, and
>  the constitution amendment would be required to marry the
>  constitution with reality.
>
>         What would the seconders feel about deleting this sentence
>  from the proposed draft?

Yep, makes sense.

Seconded as thus amended, with the editorial change proposed by vorlon as
well (Message-ID: <[🔎] 20060721013844.GA7176@mauritius.dodds.net>)

Btw, I agree with ajt that the discussion period should be kept open until
SPI board election is over.  There's no need to wait for a statement of SPI
(you say, correctly, that they don't have any official role in this
process), but giving the newly elected board a week to comment if they like
would be nice.

cheers
-- vbi

--