Re: RE : Re: Linux Magazin Germany, affecting Debian's image?!

Radu-Cristian FOTESCU <beranger5ca@yahoo.ca> wrote:

> --- Joerg Jaspert <joerg@debian.org> a écrit :
>> That was done by me for Cebit, like we did for some other years already.
>
> Well, it seems to lack the proper labeling then.
>
>> -legal is the wrong list for this, there is no legal issue behind that.
>
> I thought this is not official!
> 1. The magazine (on the Web; I have not buyed it) didn't said it was a
> "special CeBIT edition".

But it says "Debian sarge special",

> 2. It clearly contains packages not on the official update list. AFAIK,
> backports like FF1.5 and X.org are not _official_ for Sarge.

it advertises explicitly that this is an updated version of sarge, after
talking about Debian's conservative version policy.  Do you understand
german?

> I'm not very sure "it happened to". It's for sale now, labeled "sarge".

No, it isn't labelled "sarge".

> Sorry to say such things and possibly raise conflictual feelings, but do you
> really feel this is *right*?

Even if it is not, it's off-topic on -legal.  Please continue this on
-project; note that I'm not subscribed there.

Regards, Frank
--
Frank Küster
Debian Developer (teTeX/TeXLive)