Re: Linux Magazin Germany, affecting Debian's image?!

On Mon, 2006-07-17 at 22:05 +0200, Alexander Schmehl wrote:
> *We*, Debian Developers, contacted *them* and asked them to sponsor this
> DVD.

1. As long as it's not their project, is it really unofficial, as it's
made bu DDs?

2. Being it unofficial as it's said to be, as long as it holds "Debian"
in the label, could you explain *WHY* the following wording from
does *not* apply?
"Debian GNU/Linux is distributed freely over the Internet. You can
download all of it from any of our mirrors"

> That's wrong.  It although has a blue box stating "für i386, AMD64 und
> PowerPC mit neuem Apsmassassin, Clam AV, X.org u.a."

"mit neuem Apsmassassin, Clam AV, X.org u.a." doesn't mean anything.
It's still Debian (even "Debian Sarge", as per the label), and I should
be able to D/L it for free, as promised (see upwards)!

It's not about 10 EUR, I don't care about the price of the magazine.
It's about a principle. (Plus, I refuse to buy from Linux Media AG).

Do You Yahoo!?