Re: irc.debian.org

On Wed, 03 May 2006, Marco d'Itri wrote:
> margamanterola@gmail.com wrote:
>
> >I'm in favour as well.
> I wonder, do you and the other "me too" people also have a reason to
> justify switching?

Yes I'm tired to have #debian-devel-fr on both networks with less than 30
people on each. The people who are on OFTC are dissatisfied with Freenode
and don't want to come back to Freenode.

The people who are on Freenode are there because it's irc.debian.org but
they don't care if it's Freenode or not. If irc.d.o points to OFTC, we
will again have a single (much more useful) #debian-devel-fr ...

So count me as a "mee too" in this thread, I just want to re-unify the
community behind a single network. The fact that OFTC is SPI-affiliated
make that change quite natural and logical.

I can also understand that some people prefer Freenode for historical
reasons but if you try to get the best for Debian, you can only understand
that it's important to have all people in a common place. And the more
consensual (or better said, the less-controversial) place right now is OFTC.

Cheers,
--
Raphaël Hertzog