Re: Debian and professional certifications

Em Dom, 2006-04-30 às 13:37 -0300, Felipe Augusto van de Wiel (faw)
escreveu:
> > Debian is a volunteer project and has neither the inclination or
> > capability to run professional certifications, and is not involved or
> > partnering with any other organization to provide such. This does not
> > prevent other interested parties from providing such certification, but
> > Debian itself has no part in them.
> >
> > I have personally no opinion about professional certification.
>
> 	Christoph Lameter [1]used to be Debian representative with
> LPI. I don't know if I misunderstood, but I always thought that
> Debian, in some way, supports (or recommends) LPI tests/exams as a
> way to get a Professional Certification that involves Debian
> knowledge.

I don't see it this way, and I personally do not support Professional
Certification, be it LPI or any other. I would not like to see Debian
supporting them either.

See you,

--
Gustavo Noronha Silva <kov@debian.org>