Re: irc.debian.org

On Sun, 30 Apr 2006, Joe Smith wrote:
> If the move is done, the FN channels should be kept open and the
> topic should redirect users to OFTC. Then any packages that
> reference the FN channel should be updated.

My point was that the people who really need help just follow
irc.debian.org; the people who are giving the help generally don't
connect directly to irc.debian.org [as they know which network they're
on.]

> Otherwise there would be split between the networks.

There will always be a split between the networks; there are #debian
channels on most of the major networks.

Switching networks really won't cause the splits to go away; it'll
just change which network the majority of the conversations happen on
in the few cases where that hasn't changed already.

Don Armstrong

--
The sheer ponderousness of the panel's opinion ... refutes its thesis
far more convincingly than anything I might say. The panel's labored