Re: Third call for votes for the debian project leader election 2006

* Benj. Mako Hill <mako@debian.org> [2006:04:06 15:35 -0400]:
> <quote who="Henning Makholm" date="Tue, Apr 04, 2006 at 02:32:26PM +0200">
> > Scripsit "Benj. Mako Hill" <mako@debian.org>
> >
> > > I think that the fact that the upload keyring is the same as the
> > > voting keyring is bad. Contributors are told they can't vote until
> > > they learn C compiler flags.
> >
> > Who tells contributors that nonsense?
>
> Have you read the NM process templates lately? They are what almost
> every contributor looking for enfranchisement sees.

Do you mean this question? (Actually about ld, but it's the closest one I found
that seemed appropriately irrelevant.)

    I3. What is the -Bsymbolic ld flag, exactly what does it do, and how
        that differs from library symbol versioning? What problems do
        -Bsymbolic linking solve? Why is libc6 not compiled with -Bsymbolic?

--
off the chain like a rebellious guanine nucleotide