Re: Private copies of list replies

"Matthew R. Dempsky" <mrd@alkemio.org>

> On Tue, Mar 21, 2006 at 02:56:45PM +0000, MJ Ray wrote:
> > So, if mutt finally has List-Post support, what would munging
> > the non-standard MFT header onto all list posts add?
>
> Two users post to a mailing list.  One is already subscribed and doesn't
> want a CC.  The other is not subscribed and does want a CC.
> How does your MUA automatically figure this out using only standard
> headers?

It looks at which reply interface control was used. After all,
it is user choice whether or not they honour the CC request.

Anyway, how would the list server decide to set a wide MFT for
a poster who wants a CC while not for one who doesn't, if
neither were subscribed? My question was: what would MFT
munging (=by the listserver) add?

--
MJR/slef