Re: Private copies of list replies

David Weinehall wrote on 13/03/2006 18:32:
>>Thunderbird, as well as many other MUAs doesn't allow you to set
>>arbitrary headers, including M-F-T.
> There are plugins for Thunderbird that solves that (mnehy, for
> instance);

Would like to _any_ extension/plugin which really solves that (or, btw
would implement list-reply). mnehy doesn't.

> you can also do a little prefs hackery:
> http://www.semergence.com/archives/2004/12/09/09/07/

Just checked.
Nice hack. (Not)
You realize that the hack you referenced doesn't work for the target
given? It adds a custom header to _every_ post made from an
account/identity. In other words, it would require to set up a new
account/identity for every different setting of M-F-T one wants to use.
Unless you wanted to do the hack over and over again (find the post to
reply to, stop thunderbird, edit the prefs, start thunderbird, reply,
stop thunderbird, remove prefs-hack, start thunderbird, continue reading
-- great).

I'm still waiting for anyone to recommend a MUA which works on at least
Linux and Windows (yes, that evil OS), preferably also on MacOSX and
supports MFT.
Apart from the fact that MFT still isn't a standard and might just as
well never be, for several reason already quoted/referenced by others in
this thread.

PS: Sorry for the seperate emails / initial private reply, didn't know
earlier that I would have the time to check the reference in more detail.