Re: uol.com.br and petsupermarket

On Mon, 13 Mar 2006, Lars Wirzenius wrote:
> have been unsubscribed. In December the Debian listmasters sent a mail
> to every subscriber to see if that would help track down the offender,
> but it seems not. Rumor also has it that the ISP has not been helpful in
> identifying culprit.

No, UOL wasn't helpful so far.  Someone, somewhere, is subscribing repeater
addresses that mailbomb petsupermarket, and for all we know they might be
doing it through NNTP feeds like gmane.  Without UOL's help, we cannot track
down the criminal and disable him, and it doesn't look like UOL cares (or if
it would care, the necessary stimuli is not making it through their thick
dinossaur ISP skin deep enough for someone with a clue to notice).

*IF* there is any interest into pursuing this through legal channels in
Brazil (which is an input channel UOL cannot help but take notice of), it
should be possible for SPI to do so.  I have doubts it would produce good
results, though, and it would not be cheap.

> (For the record, I think unsubscribing all uol.com.br subscribers was
> not a helpful thing to do.)

It appears not to have helped with the mailbombing, so yes, it was useless.

  Henrique Holschuh