Re: Private copies of list replies

On 3/13/06, Manoj Srivastava <srivasta@debian.org> wrote:
> On 11 Mar 2006, Benjamin Seidenberg stated:
> > Thunderbird, as well as many other MUAs doesn't allow you to set
> > arbitrary headers, including M-F-T.
>         I guess it is time to move to a more capable MUA, no?

Thunderbird is a very respected MUA.  There's a big group of people
who don't feel comfortable writing mails from mutt (or the like), and
I don't think it's such a good idea to take into account only people
who can use a console-client to be able to receive a reply on a
mailing-list.

We are not talking about developers, we are talking about anyone who
needs to send a mail to a mailing-list and get a reply.

Also, it's not like we are discussing about mailers for a propietary
OS, but it's a free mailer that works inside Debian.

I think that we need to take a bit more consideration for people who
are not so technically-able but that might still have something to
say, or rather, something to get answers to.

Also, the list policy says that you don't send CCs by default, but
that you'll send a CC if asked to, so I'd say it's pretty much our job
to make sure that the mail goes where it should.

--
Besos,
Marga