Re: For those who care about stable updates

On Thu, Mar 09, 2006 at 02:59:37PM +0000, Thaddeus H. Black wrote:
> Martin Schulze wrote:
> > I'm sorry to announce this but you'll have to find a
> > new person who works on updating Debian stable and who
> > is willing to cope with black holes and ftpmasters.
> >
> > I'm sick of being left in the void.  I'm sick of
> > ftpmasters not answering mails from the stable release
> > manager to negotiate a timeline.  I'm sick of
> > ftpmasters suddenly creating arbitrary preconditions
> > for stable updates.  I'm sick of having to ask again
> > and again and being constantly blocked by them.
> >
> > I'm sick of this entire situation.  It makes me ill,
> > angry and utterly frustrated.  It causes me being
> > frustrated of Debian and unable to work on other
> > issues, needing a rest more often that planned.  I
> > should do better with my limited life.  Hence, I give
> > up.  Congratulations.
>
> Joey, stop, please.  Wait a moment.  DPLs come and go;
> James Troup remains.  This stream of events, it is time
> to divert.

The only time Joey talks about James in his "press release" is when he
says that James rejected his wish to become ftp-master, yet we do not
know whether this was merely James acting as spokesperson for ftp-master
or whether he took this decision unilaterally (which I doubt).

> Debian is greater than James.  Please remove James now, from all his
> posts.

If you make James be lynched by the mob, I will go as well.

cheers,

Michael