Re: Tool to track release status (Re: Bits (Nybbles?) from the Vancouver release team meeting)

On Mon, Mar 14, 2005 at 05:25:36PM +0000, Martin Michlmayr wrote:
> * David Nusinow <david_nusinow@verizon.net> [2005-03-14 12:20]:
> > > And I'd like to suggest the formalization and tracking of these
> > > milestones in the etch's release page at Debian site.
> >
> > I've begun work on a tool to just that.
>
> Can you describe it in more detail?

I've originally described it here:
http://lists.debian.org/debian-release/2005/03/msg00004.html

I've since begun implementing it using rails, which has led to it having basic
functionality very quickly. It's not presentable by any means yet, and it
currently doesn't have the ties to the BTS that it needs. Moreover, I need it to
tie itself together better in an automated fashion, so that when a task is
waiting on the completion of another task, this can be indicated and the task
can be automatically made "available to be worked on". I also need to implement
things like auto-notifications, subscriptions to tasks and such, but these
should be easy with rail's action mailer module.

My first priority is to make it look pretty so that people want to use it.
Second priority is to tie it to the BTS (not sure how to do this yet). After
that, I think I'll be ready to actually deploy it (post-sarge) and add features
as I see a need for them.

 - David Nusinow