Re: Who cares about NEW when there are bigger issues?

Steve Langasek <vorlon@debian.org> wrote:

> On Tue, Mar 08, 2005 at 11:29:31AM +0100, Frank Küster wrote:
>> (Moving to -project, as requested by Steve Langasek)
>
> Er, that really was intended to be ironic; I wasn't meaning to encourage the
> continuation of this flamewar in *any* forum.

I don't want to start a flamewar.

> Rather, it's incredibly irritating to come back from a face-to-face meeting
> with the ftpmasters and release team -- that was announced on this mailing
> list, no less

Which I usually do not read.  I think this might have been worth
debian-devel-announce.

> -- and within 24 hours find more posts criticizing lack of
> communication not only about things that will be discussed once we have a
> chance to write up a report of the meeting, but also about things that were
> communicated weeks ago.
>
> Try it some time, and tell me if you don't find yourself agreeing with the
> ftpmaster's frustrations about the state of our mailing lists.

Yes, the lists are probably overcrowded, out of focus, and more.  I
apologize if I critized lack of communication where it was in fact mere
lack of following information.  However, I still think that it should be
easier to look such things up; and this is intended to be criticism
on a topic, without thinking of any person.

Regards, Frank
--
Frank Küster
Inst. f. Biochemie der Univ. Zürich