Re: VA Linux / Sun Wah Linux to push Debian in China/Japan

* Adrian von Bidder <avbidder@fortytwo.ch> [2005-03-02 09:38]:
> I'm surprised that I haven't seen anything about this on the mailing
> lists (but OTOH I was probably just asleep - or is it vapourware
> anyway and we'll never again hear anything about it?)

They are pretty serious about working with us and contributing their
changes back.  Sun Wah has just organized the first Asia Debian
mini-conference (see http://debian.org.cn/en/events/admc2005/) earlier
this week to establish a better relationship with the community and to
create a stronger community in China.  There is also major interest in
Debian at the Asia OSS Symposium (http://www.asia-oss.org/) which is
currently taking place.

I'll try to send a more detailed report once the event is over and I'm
back home, but it's pretty exciting.
--
Martin Michlmayr
leader@debian.org