Re: Bits from the ftpmasters

On Sun, Feb 20, 2005 at 10:55:03AM +0000, Matthew Garrett wrote:
> Joel Aelwyn <fenton@debian.org> wrote:
>
> > I'd prefer not to imagine, of course; either he, or anyone in the ftpmaster
> > role, could say "<someone> gave him the details", and, voila, I wouldn't
> > need to imagine at all. Even, however, if he asked nicely and got what he
> > wanted, I have seen quite a few people who asked and got what was either
> > /dev/null, or an excellent imitation thereof.
>
> I interviewed one of the ftpmasters in person, and then had what I'd
> written checked over by one of the other people in that role and
> incorporated his suggestions.

Excellent. And, on a separate note, I appreciate your efforts in writing
it, and while I'm not sure I got anything *new* out of it, it was very
useful to have it all together in one place, and clearly documented. The
Wiki is good, I'd love to see it translated and put up on d.o somewhere
more official when there's time (which depends, of course, on the
translators being able to get to it, and they've said they're pretty busy
at the moment, so it may be post-Sarge I guess).

Again, thanks for putting in the time and effort to write the document.
--
Joel Aelwyn <fenton@debian.org>                                       ,''`.
                                                                     : :' :