Re: Bits from the ftpmasters

On Sun, Feb 20, 2005 at 12:33:17AM -0700, Joel Aelwyn wrote:

> I'd prefer not to imagine, of course; either he, or anyone in the ftpmaster
> role, could say "<someone> gave him the details", and, voila, I wouldn't
> need to imagine at all. Even, however, if he asked nicely and got what he
> wanted, I have seen quite a few people who asked and got what was either
> /dev/null, or an excellent imitation thereof.

There's a bit of a bind here, of course: since the environment on the
mailing lists is so frequently negative it's often hard to see examples
of positive interactions on the lists for people to learn from.  With
things like others jumping on the thread and previous experience of the
lists this is perhaps unsurprising.  When things are done off list these
problems apply less but others are much less likely to hear about
anything except the problems.