Re: APT 0.6: let's get started

* martin f. krafft:

> Florian: what's the status? Can we get started?

There's already a discussion on the deity mailing list.  At this
stage, we have to identify potential showstoppers, then we can decide
on which things we should work first.

It's certainly necessary to check if APT frontends still work when
compiled and linked against APT 0.6, to ensure that there won't be any
regressions (even though the frontends cannot handle a compromised
archive yet).  So if you're eager to work on something...

Unfortunately, most tasks which lay ahead are rather dull work. 8-(

> Who will be working on this, and where do we coordinate?

I'm maintaining a status page.  (No, it's not yet public.)