Re: Bits from the ftpmasters

On Sat, 19 Feb 2005 10:50:10 +0100, Anthony Towns wrote:
> Thomas Hood wrote:
>> So you are denying that ftpmasters have responsibilities beyond refraining
>> from working against the rest of the project?  It seems you are.
>
> Yes. Just like every other member of the project.
> It says so right there in the constitution, very first point.

Interesting.  I had never interpreted the General Rules in the way you
suggest.  That is, I assumed that the right to do no work for Debian that
is asserted in 2.1.1 consisted in one's right, safeguarded in 2.1.3, not
to occupy a post, rather than in the right to do no work while holding a
post.  If your interpretation is correct then Debian is different in a
very important way from other volunteer organizations with which I have
been involved.

> It's sad
> that you seem to want to turn that into an attack on a subgroup you have
> a grudge against.

Perhaps you are confusing me with someone else; I haven't attacked
any subgroups.  As I said, I am interested in the question of principle.

--
Thomas Hood