Re: Ftpmasters' status

Jonas Smedegaard wrote:
On 17-02-2005 06:17, Anthony Towns wrote:
Then how about spending a little time thinking, first? Seriously, this
isn't a debating exercise here; I'm not putting words together just to
see how they sound.
Why would you /possibly/ imagine retitling the thread would make any
substantive difference to /anything/? Seriously.
I said I was sorry.
And please do not accuse me of not thinking (I did - even if the outcome
was not to your satisfaction).

If you thought about it then presumably you came up with a reason to imagine retitling the thread would make some substantive difference. What sort of reason was that? I can't imagine one.

Or is it just that you don't see the point in answering questions where responding one way makes you look like an idiot, and the other way makes you look anti-social?

Yeesh. The question was "why isn't the more public discussion of
along the lines of "idiots like ftpmaster should discuss things more,
but they think they're better than us, god they suck", but hey -- and
the answer is that public discussion is actively counter productive.
Please don't. I did not call you an idiot, and I did not accuse you of
being superior to me.

No, but that was the way the thread started out.

I asked an honest question, and seek (ways to get) an honest answer.

And you just got an answer to the "honest question" behind the thread. But apparently that's not good enough, presumably because it's not trivial to use that as an attack on ftpmaster.

Please look for constructive interpretation of my expressions instead of
negative ones. My intend was not to twist.

Dude, when I don't have to worry about a thousand creative, educated folks looking to find destructive ways to interpret what I do -- or even don't! -- say, I'd be happy to spare a few cycles to help you express yourself more clearly.

I'm really not sure why anyone thinks tacking requests onto paranoid
accusations of people being in unaccountable supersecretive cabals that
don't share the Debian spirit is a good idea. Answering those questions
just encourages people to start new obnoxious threads later to try to
get a response, which means the only sensible response is to either
ignore the questions, or actively prioritise issues that aren't
connected to offensive threads. Seriously, why do you think anyone would
want to encourage you to call them names?
I honestly do not have the answer to that question.
The most obvious one is "they wouldn't". The interested reader is
invited to reason back and determine the implications of that answer.
Well, my interest is shedding some light on the issues of ftpmaster
tasks. Will you help?

*sigh*

Jonas, please reread the paragraph quoted above. This time, try to comprehend it.

Cheers,
aj