Re: Using debian commercailly

"Niklas Collin" <niklas@inventive.se>

> 1)       What is/which are the license(s) for debian.

The component parts are under various licences. All should
follow the Debian Free Software Guidelines as a basic promise:
http://www.de.debian.org/social_contract

A list of some examples is on http://www.de.debian.org/legal/licenses
You can find the details for particular packages on your debian
system in files named copyright in /usr/share/doc

> 2)       Is it permissible to use debian commercially (not redevelop the
> source code, only to use the OS to run a database and some other
> applications) without having to make the application source for the
> applications we develop free publicly?

Yes.

cc'd to you directly

Hope that helps,