Re: Ubuntu/Debian cooperation [was: Complaint about #debian operator]

On Thu, Dec 15, 2005 at 02:54:11PM +0100, Marc Haber wrote:
> If the ubuntu patch database is public, and the patches therein
> DFSG-free licensed, why don#t we establish an automatism which moves
> patches from the Ubuntu patch database to the Debian BTS?

The Utnubu[1] project was started at Debconf to do exactly this.
Unfortunately I haven't kept up at all with how they were doing in the
past months, but please feel free to join them and work on such an
automation. Also note that a few months ago, from the PTS links to
Ubuntu patches were added. Suggestions for improvement on that are
welcome at the qa.debian.org pseudo bug package.

--Jeroen

[1] http://utnubu.alioth.debian.org/

--
Jeroen van Wolffelaar