Re: Ubuntu/Debian cooperation [was: Complaint about #debian operator]

On Thu, Dec 15, 2005 at 11:57:37AM +0100, Reinhard Tartler wrote:
> On 12/15/05, Sven Luther <sven.luther@wanadoo.fr> wrote:
> > >
> > > Every "relevant" change put into the BTS would be nice, yes.  Filing
> >
> > Notice that it is official ubuntu directive to *NOT* do that, that is to not
> > send patches directly to the BTS,
>
> Please give a reference to this directive. I am part of the MOTU team,
> and have never heared about such a directive.

Personal mail or irc reference from Colin Watson when i complained about him
having filled a bug against parted with a link to a patch, and the link then
dissapeared. I have had confirmation from this fact by others later on, and
even said something about this in the bug report in question or here in the
past, and was not chalenged. This was almost a year ago now though, and things
may have changed.

> > Friendly,
> sorry, this is unfriendly distribution of FUD.

Well, given my sources, i suppose you would reconsider this classification as
FUD :) It may be outdated info, which would be very very welcome indeed, but
in no case FUD.

Friendly,

Sven Luther