Re: Debian on one dvd?

Siward de Groot wrote:

On Wednesday 14 December 2005 15:46, Jaldhar H. Vyas wrote:
Also the stock image does not include source code correct?  Then how do we
meet the conditions of the GPL?  I don't think the written offer option is
feasible for the publishers (though I'll ask to make sure.)

Well, Debian could offer to take care of that for them...
Then they only need to include a written offer that
 the source can be downloaded from debian.org .
If they're shipping Sarge, then the sources will be available for a long time.

have fun !

 Siward de Groot
 (home.wanadoo.nl/siward)

IIRC, the sources have to be distributed in the same medium (Optical).
It's easy to see why, someone could install off a DVD and not have
internet access (or sufficient bandwidth) to be able to download the
sources, and they are entitled to the sources too...thus optical
distribution is a necessity.

Cheers,
Benjamin