Re: Debian on one dvd?

On Wed, 14 Dec 2005, Steve Langasek wrote:

Why not just use the stock DVD 1 image?  As always, packages are sorted on
the disk images according to criteria like package priority and popcon
numbers, so probably ought to be 99% or more of the packages that 99% of the
users will need.

Unless there are specific packages missing from disk 1 that you know are
needed for this market, the stock ISO seems like it would be fine.

well there is that. The Indian fonts and things seem to be on DVD 2. Also the stock image does not include source code correct? Then how do we meet the conditions of the GPL? I don't think the written offer option is feasible for the publishers (though I'll ask to make sure.)

--
Jaldhar H. Vyas <jaldhar@debian.org>