Re: Debian mentioned on Ethiscore

Hubert Chan <hubert@uhoreg.ca>

> For those interested, a direct link to the article is:
>   http://www.ethiscore.org/info.aspx?info=reports/full/computers

Thanks for the link. It's an interesting box about debian, but
I am surprised by the spelling mistakes, over-generalisation of
words like commercial and confusing the development model with
the licensing. They're not the first to do any of those, though.

The general direction of the debian item is that free software
and the Internet affords collaboration as well as competition,
and allows both capitalist and cooperative development to
co-exist. That's good to see being published. I hope some form
of the item makes its way into the print edition.

There are also some interesting comments about the ethical and
health effects of hardware. It's a pretty dire picture in general.

On accessibility, it seems that Corporate Critic and Ethiscore are
run by different members of that cooperative (although the tech looks
similar to me). I'm continuing to discuss it with Lindsay Whalen,
but I think it'll be next week now before any more development.
I'll pass on the comments about looking like link spam. I couldn't
find any similar examples of the email on the web, so maybe it's
not intentional. (I'd be almost happy to be spammed with news
of free software advancing among cooperatives. Almost.)

Thanks again,
--
MJ Ray - personal email, see http://mjr.towers.org.uk/email.html
Work: http://www.ttllp.co.uk/  irc.oftc.net/slef  Jabber/SIP ask