Re: DCC (Debian Confusion Core) trademark negotiation status

On Monday 17 October 2005 13:22, Ian Jackson wrote:
| PS: Don's message that I quote above was posted to debian-private but
| The alternative, to paraphrase Don's words, seems silly.

That sounds like you can't draw a straight line, Ian.
What's wrong with
  "Stick to what you agreed to." ?

If a proprietary part of the 'Debian something' 's code has a remote exploit,
  will "Debian" sound less attractive ?
So how about
  "Anyone who knowingly exploits someone else's trademark,
   without bothering to ask them for permission first,
   is a thief." ?

Can anyone afford to entrust their enterprise's computer security
  to the Common Thief Consortium ?

I'm glad that you advocate a firmer approach, Ian.

have fun !

  Siward de Groot
  (home.wanadoo.nl/siward)