Re: Debian UK

Stephen Frost wrote:
> * Sven Luther (sven.luther@wanadoo.fr) wrote:
>
>>On Wed, Sep 07, 2005 at 09:11:25AM -0400, Stephen Frost wrote:
>>
>>>* Sven Luther (sven.luther@wanadoo.fr) wrote:
[...]
>>>Uhh...
>>>http://www.debian.org/CD/vendors/info
>>>
>>>"Debian does not sell any products."
>>>
>>>I don't *think* that my being in the US is somehow making me read that
>>>differently than the rest of the world, but hey, if you see something
>>>different on that page, please let me know!
>>
>>Notice that the link is on the CD selling page, right ?
>
> Even so, that was the general policy as I understood it...  Should we be
> saying that we don't sell CDs (do the DUS folks sell CDs?  I dunno) only
> there?  Should we be pointing out that we do sell t-shirts somewhere?

I have a feeling that the main reason Debian doesn't sell anything is that
Debian doesn't own anything, because Debian doesn't exist as a legal entity
(that's what SPI's for).

That being the case, Debian also cannot attend Expos.  It's always a case
of individuals and/or organisations doing so on Debian's behalf.

Cheers, Phil.