Re: "Why" Debian Common Core Alliance? Why not Debian?

Michael Meskes <meskes@debian.org> wrote:
> Am Donnerstag, 25. August 2005 15:44 schrieb Matthew Garrett:
>> You said that DCC would become part of Debian. That's Debian's decision,
>> not yours.
>
> No, I said "shall" which, to the best of my knowledge of the English language,
> is the correct grammatical form to denote a possibility, a wish if you want
> to say so.

That's not how any native English speaker I know of would interpret it
(see "You *shall* go to the ball" from Cindarella, for instance), but
that's the source of the misinterpretation. We've cleared that up, so
that's good.

> But anyway, I've got another question. You mention "Debian's decision". Since
> there will probably be no vote about the creation of a subproject, I wonder
> who's going to make that decision. Or are you talking about each maintainers
> decision to accept/refuse patches?

In much the same way as most of Debian's decisions are made - the people
who care make a decision, and if people disagree we have an almighty
argument.

--
Matthew Garrett | mjg59-chiark.mail.debian.project@srcf.ucam.org