Re: "Why" Debian Common Core Alliance? Why not Debian?

Am Donnerstag, 25. August 2005 15:44 schrieb Matthew Garrett:
> Michael Meskes <meskes@debian.org> wrote:
> > Also I'm still waiting to see the explanation why you accuse me of
> > "speaking on behalf of the project". I'm pretty sure this is a
> > communications problem too and if it's on my side I would like to correct
> > it.
>
> You said that DCC would become part of Debian. That's Debian's decision,
> not yours.

No, I said "shall" which, to the best of my knowledge of the English language,
is the correct grammatical form to denote a possibility, a wish if you want
to say so.

But anyway, I've got another question. You mention "Debian's decision". Since
there will probably be no vote about the creation of a subproject, I wonder
who's going to make that decision. Or are you talking about each maintainers
decision to accept/refuse patches?

Michael

--
Michael Meskes