Re: ping the mirrors team

On Mon, Aug 08, 2005 at 09:59:13PM +0100, MJ Ray wrote:
> > Debian did not respond.
>
> Since 1 July, new mirror reports open a wishlist bug against
> the mirrors package and someone handles it when we get time.

Unfortunately, this is a bad idea as it is now. We still tell mirror
maintainers to enter semi-private email addresses into the form. The
introduction of http://cvs.d.o violated the privacy of this data, but
adding them to bugs.d.o does so much much more.

There is certainly a rising need to collect public mirror admin contact
addresses. However, there's also a need to collect private ones as well,
because we in Debian need to have a way to contact mirrors without our
mails possibly getting stuck in some large queue.

> I've figured out where the older offers have gone (if any
> other DD will sift the spam sooner, mail me) and I will work
> on the backlog next week.

Andreas Barth jumped in, too.

This is also a chance for me to publicly apologize for being negligent in
assigning new people to cover for me at mirrors@ while I'm busy IRL.
Flames go -><- here.

--
     2. That which causes joy or happiness.