Re: DCC usage of "Debian" trademark

On Sat, Aug 20, 2005 at 11:15:11AM -0700, Bruce Perens wrote:
> OK, I'm convinced. I will call Ian on Monday and urge him to take the
> name "Debian" out of the group's title.

There are many other possibilities, including altering other components
of the name or making them an official Debian project. I'd encourage you
to coordinate your communications to Ian with Branden's delegate for
representing Debian's trademark interest in this issue. (Check -board
for the name of this delegate; I don't want to breach privacy by
repeating it here.) Please do not confuse matters by making it seem that
SPI and Debian speak in a divided manner on this point. If you make it
clear that you are speaking only as an individual and not for SPI or
Debian, then I cannot strongly disapprove, but I still think it
unnecessarily complicates things and so I'd advise against it.

- Jimmy Kaplowitz
jimmy@debian.org