Re: Please stop the Andrew Suffield spam

On Sat, Aug 13, 2005 at 06:46:11AM -0500, John Hasler wrote:
> Andrew Suffield writes:

> > I really *don't care* what effect it has on me. The point is to show
> > how very bad their actions are, so that people don't ever do something
> > like this again. Debian does not need a culture of witchhunts.

> > It seems to be working.

> No it isn't.  It's making things worse.

Hmm, how do you measure that, exactly?  Are you really meaning to say that
Andrew's posts are directly contributing to a culture of witch hunts?  Or
are you really referring to some other standard of "making things worse"
here?

I guess that if Debian is predisposed to witch hunts, I don't see how
anything Andrew has said *could* make it worse.  That would mean that
Andrew's arguments against witch-hunting are persuading people that witch
hunts are a good idea, wouldn't it?  (And not just persuading them that,
say, Andrew himself is an asshole or something)  I think that would be a
rather disappointing reflection on the Debian community, regardless of what
it implied about Andrew's ability to persuade an audience...