Re: Please stop the Andrew Suffield spam

On Fri, Aug 12, 2005 at 05:25:52PM -0600, Eldon Koyle wrote:
> On  Aug 13  0:02+0100, Andrew Suffield wrote:
> > On Sat, Aug 13, 2005 at 12:10:07AM +0200, Mikael Djurfeldt wrote:
> > > For how long do we have to continue to wade through this flood of
> > > emails regarding the terrible state of heart of Andrew Suffield?
> >
> > Until people stop making accusations.
>
>   I didn't see any accusations in that email.

I didn't say there were any.

>   I'm guessing that the reason there aren't more people telling you
> they disagree is because you have convinced them (or nearly) to join the
> cause.  Anyone who isn't ignoring you right now is probably really
> frustrated with you, and strongly considering the killfile option.

The alternative explanation is that I'm right, and they don't have any
evidence. Have you even bothered to consider that?

>   Maybe you should try to resolve this individually with those you have
> taken offense to.

This has not nothing to do with me taking offense; if that were the
case, I'd have done it *years* ago. This is entirely about mob rule
and presumption of innocence.

> > > What
> > > is the ultimate purpose of this discussion?
> >
> > I think they made their purpose quite clear.
>
>   I seem to recall that you started this discussion.

What are you talking about? This 'discussion' was started by Benjamin
"Mako" Hill and the people who signed his 'pledge'. I was forced to
respond, and as I noted in my first mail on the subject, I had not
wanted to ever have to fight this battle. I've been letting people
tell stories about me for ages without intervening.

> I'll agree that
> the pledge to killfile you doesn't seem like the best solution, but the
> thread has hurt you more than helped.

I really *don't care* what effect it has on me. The point is to show
how very bad their actions are, so that people don't ever do something
like this again. Debian does not need a culture of witchhunts.

It seems to be working.

 : :' :  http://www.debian.org/ |