Re: "Debian" Core Consortium

Ian Murdock <imurdock@progeny.com> wrote:

> Re the organization formerly known as the Debian Core Consortium: No
> need. We won't use the word Debian in the name--we'll call
> ourselves the DCC Alliance, where DCC stands for "Debian Common Core".

The comments on
http://www.osnews.com/comment.php?news_id=11543&limit=no&threshold=-1
suggest that some number of people are confused about whether the DCCA
is a Debian project or not. This is obviously rather less than ideal. Is
there any way that we can make it clearer that you're a Debian
derivative rather than part of the main project? Alternatively, are
there any plans to become an official Debian subproject?
--
Matthew Garrett | mjg59-chiark.mail.debian.project@srcf.ucam.org