Re: "Debian" Core Consortium

Daniel Ruoso <daniel@ruoso.com> wrote:
> Even if this organization is called "Debian Core Consortium", it *is*
> referring to Debian itself, isn't it?

That's my understanding. It's not claiming to be debian or
trying to use the name for anything other than the produce of
debian.  It's a consortium trying to help the core of debian.
Seems like basic, accurate, descriptive use so far. Maybe some
of the later uses for its output could get a bit tricky, though.
(There may be some fun areas for Ian Murdock personally, if US
law grants similar rights to one's own name as English law.)

In general, I'm disappointed to see so little "how do we harness
this new effort?" and so much "how do we stop them?" Even if it's
still vapourware AFAICT, maybe it can be blown the "right" way by
great ideas, ready to condense where it's most useful.

--
MJ Ray (slef), K. Lynn, England, email see http://mjr.towers.org.uk/
http://people.debian.org/~mjr/