Re: "Debian" Core Consortium

On Fri, Aug 05, 2005 at 02:38:17AM +0100, MJ Ray wrote:
> Daniel Ruoso <daniel@ruoso.com> wrote:
> > Even if this organization is called "Debian Core Consortium", it *is*
> > referring to Debian itself, isn't it?
>
> That's my understanding. It's not claiming to be debian or
> trying to use the name for anything other than the produce of
> debian.  It's a consortium trying to help the core of debian.
> Seems like basic, accurate, descriptive use so far. Maybe some
> of the later uses for its output could get a bit tricky, though.

That's probably the important case anyway. I'm not really bothered by
an organisation calling itself the 'Debian Core Consortium'. I am
bothered by somebody producing something that is called Debian, or
anything sufficiently confusingly similar that I get mail from dumb
lusers who are trying to insist that I should be able to solve their
problems with Linspire.

 : :' :  http://www.debian.org/ |