Re: "Debian" Core Consortium

* Ian Murdock (imurdock@progeny.com) wrote:
> Ok, this is most unexpected, so I'm going to have to take
> some time to consider my response. I can say with 100% certainty that
> a trademark policy more restrictive than the one adopted by Linus
> Torvalds for Linux isn't what the founder of this project had in mind.

Uh, my response would be appropriate if Debian *did* have the trademark
policy Linus uses for Linux.  It's basically "ask first, get an official
submark before using it, or don't use it".  It's pretty obvious that
people involved in creating this new entity would have a conflict of
interest as to if the submark should be granted or not, so they
shouldn't be involved in the decision making associated with granting it
or not.

	Stephen