Re: debian logo used by some foundation...

Bartosz Fenski aka fEnIo <fenio@debian.org> wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 15, 2005 at 12:30:38AM +0200, Michelle Konzack wrote:
> > Hmmm, I have seen the Swirl on many places over the Internet,
> > I think, it was a template or something like this, which you
> > can find on cheap CD roms flying around in the internet.
>
> So Debian logo has been stolen from some templates?

"Stolen" is rather a strong word for it.

> That would imply that the most visible part of our project is non-free.

Why? The template CD could be liberally licensed.

That "most visible part of our project" is non-free anyway because
of the logo licences not allowing use for any purpose and so on.

> Where did you see those CDs?

I don't remember reading about this before.

--
MJ Ray (slef), K. Lynn, England, email see http://mjr.towers.org.uk/