question

Debian,

   I am interested in installing debian on my Mac g4 pwerbook and having both
Mac OSx and Linux as operating systems. However, some of the software in OSX
won't work in Debian such Digidesign ProTools, and the hardware for it--MBox. If
I am working with debian package, and I decide to use some program that normally
runs in OSx, do I have to reboot my comp? or can I just go from program to
program, no matter what the platform, from some basic command-line?

Thanks,

Gregorio Canelos

University of Arizona