Re: Branden's mail policies

On Thu, Jun 23, 2005 at 08:55:58PM +0100, MJ Ray wrote:
> Adam McKenna <adam@flounder.net> wrote:
> > As DPL he is the public face of the project and should make extra effort to
> > contact people when doing so would benefit the project.
>
> Sure, but many of these people don't put telephone numbers on
> their emails. Some put a web address and then you can work out
> an alternate route sometimes. Whether or not it's worthwhile to
> jump the hoop is a judgement call and I'm all for leaving that
> to the person. At least this one has a page on his web site
> explaining why he hasn't replied. A lot of debian post-holders
> just silently ignore you. Why not try to bugfix them?

Many people have.  The original poster's complaint, afaik, is that the DPL
could easily contact the people in question by sending his mail from (or
through) an non-DUL-listed IP address, but instead of doing that, he chose
to make a confrontational web page listing all of the offenders.  This is not
good public relations, in my opinion.

--Adam