Re: Branden's mail policies

Marino Ray <mjr@phonecoop.coop> wrote:

> So, I support Branden's general approach, but think it would be
> better to include some more active announcement. I think it's
> unreasonable to demand post-holders work to accommodate daft
> mailserver configurations.

I have no objection to Branden *as Branden* refusing to deal with users
who drop mail. However, I think Branden as DPL ought to deal with
reality rather than trying to fix everything that's broken with the
world. His job there is to benefit Debian, not to reduce general
technical brokenness. I mentioned this to him last month, and was under
the impression that he'd done something about the situation - the last
update on the page referenced at the top of this thread was over a month
ago.

--
Matthew Garrett | mjg59-chiark.mail.debian.project@srcf.ucam.org
My preferred name is "you"