Re: Branden's mail policies

On Sun, 19 Jun 2005, Simon Huggins wrote:
> Our elected leader, when faced with a problem that he knows will
> stop his mail being delivered to certain recipients, should IMHO
> work around it in order to fulfill his role.

Sure, it would be nice if the DPL would, but it would also be nice if
the DPL could give us all a million dollars, or nice shiny cars.[1]

Frankly, I'd much rather see the DPL spending time actually working on
various parts Debian than jumping through random hoops that various
people who want a slice of the DPL's time have set up (or have set up
by proxy.)

> To not do so, and further more to pretend that this is all the
> recipients fault (do they all control their mail servers?) and
> highlighting the fact that they are doing so via a public
> announcement just seems like a great way to piss off lots of people.

The primary purpose of the public announcement seems to be to attempt
to make people aware of why Branden cannot contact them, and provide
some means where they can get in contact with him. If people are
getting angry because Branden has taken the time to attempt to inform
them of why he can't send mail to them, they're not worth wasting any
more time on.

Don Armstrong

1: The black helicopters just aren't doing it for me any more...
--
A people living under the perpetual menace of war and invasion is very
easy to govern. It demands no social reforms. It does not haggle over